Non-Profit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
The FY 2020 NSGP provides funding support for physical security enhancements and other security-related activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack. NSGP seeks to integrate the preparedness activities of nonprofit organizations with broader state and local preparedness efforts.
The NSGP is an annual grant program that typically becomes available in the Spring of each year. The maximum amount per Investment Justification (IJ) is determined each year. Applicants are limited to one IJ per physical facility per year. IJs must be submitted to the State Administering Agency (SAA), in this case, DEM, by the due date to apply for the upcoming grant cycle.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations are those organizations that are described under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (IRC) and exempt from tax under section 501(a) of such code.
- Note: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) does not require certain organizations such as churches, mosques, and synagogues to apply for and receive a recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC. Such organizations are automatically exempt if they meet the requirements of section 501(c)(3). These organizations are not required to provide recognition of exemption. For organizations that the IRS requires to apply for and receive a recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3), the state requires recognition of exemption.
- All Investment Justifications must be accompanied by a vulnerability assessment report. The Investment Justification must clearly tie to findings from the attached assessment.
- This cannot be a self-assessment. To schedule an assessment, please contact Matt Beaudry (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mark Lemery (email@example.com) or your local law enforcement agency.
NSGP E-mail List
If you would like to receive emails regarding NSGP opportunities, please fill out the survey by following this LINK.
The 2020 Non-Profit Security Grant Application Period is now open
- The maximum application per IJ is $100,000 per facility
- Applications will be due to DEM (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1st to be considered for the 2020 grant cycle
- We will attempt to provide feedback on applications upon request to the best of our abilities. If we are unable to provide feedback in time for the current application period, it will still be relevant for future grant cycles and we recommend submitting your application, as is, by the April 1st due date.
- Please ensure that you have a vulnerability assessment for the facility you are applying in-behalf of. If you already have a vulnerability assessment, you do not need to complete a new assessment for the purpose of this grant.
- 2020 Investment Justification Template
- Reimbursement Request Form (85-21)
- EHP Screening Form
- SF424C (Construction Budget)