Emergency Management Menu


Forms for Declarations


If your county is experiencing drought conditions, here is some information on how to declare a drought declaration. The Secretary of Agriculture is authorized to designate counties as disaster areas to make emergency loans available.


WHEREAS, precipitation totals for the past several months have been minimal and created severe drought conditions in many areas of the state rendering crop and forage production unproductive for agricultural purposes;

WHEREAS, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Drought Monitor classifies the drought conditions in the State of Utah as “Extreme and/or Exceptional”;

WHEREAS, the below normal snow pack and spring runoff has created well below normal water levels in most areas of the state;

WHEREAS, many agricultural reservoirs throughout the state have not received adequate supplies of irrigation water resulting in low to non-existing levels in some areas;

WHEREAS, insect infestation, hot weather, hot dry winds, killing frost and fires in many areas of the state have exacerbated the drought conditions;

WHEREAS, many grazing lands that are normally available to livestock owners are not available, or do not offer adequate livestock feed,

WHEREAS, high forage and feed costs, as well as increased transportation costs, will weigh heavily on an industry already facing severe drought;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jon M. Huntsman, Jr., Governor of the State of Utah by virtue of the power vested in me by the constitution and the laws of the State of Utah, do hereby declare a “Statewide Agricultural Disaster” due to the aforesaid drought conditions in the State of Utah:

IN TESTIMONY, WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Utah, this 27th day of July, 2007.

(State Seal)

Jon M. Huntsman, Jr.


Gary R. Herbert
Lieutenant Governor


Forms for Deployments and Mutual Aid

Mission Ready Packages

If you are an emergency manager with resources that could be shared in a disaster, either inside or outside of Utah, consider filling out a mission ready package, which can give you and us an idea of the costs of the specific resource. This speeds up the process for sending resources to a requesting state.

Questions? Contact our EMAC coordinator Lorry Herrera, lherrera@utah.gov

Mutual Aid Forms

Important Mutual Aid Documents

Form 100: Requesting and Providing Assisting SMAA Form 101: Mission Request
Form 102A: Agent of the State – EMAC Form 102B: Agent of the State – SMAA
Form 103: Deployment Checklist Form 104: Mobilization Sheet
Form 105: Personnel Location Form 106: Resource Availability Log
Form 107: Resource Tracking Form 108: Personnel Demobilization Schedule
Form 109: Demobilization Guidelines Form 110: Intergovernmental Reimbursement
Form 111: Response After Action Survey Form 112: Demobilization Checklist
Form 113: Activation Agreement Form 114: Requesting Reimbursement Checklist
Form 115: Resource Expense Summary


Forms for Grants

Coming soon