Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant
The Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) program provides funds to states, territories, Indian tribal governments, communities, and universities for hazard mitigation planning and the implementation of mitigation projects prior to a disaster event.
Funding these plans and projects reduces overall risks to the population and structures, while also reducing reliance on funding from actual disaster declarations. PDM grants are to be awarded on a competitive basis and without reference to state allocations, quotas, or other formula-based allocation of funds.
The following are critical factors that must be met for a sub-applicant grant to be competitive:
- FEMA EGrants online grant application program MUST be used.
- The project MUST meet a Benefit Cost Ratio of GREATER than 1.0.
- The community MUST participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) if they have FEMA mapped floodplains.
- Sub – applicant MUST meet 25% cost share.
- Project MUST be completed in three years.
Funding Application Tools
Get your EGrants account set up!
– To learn about EGrants and set up an account, click here.
Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA)
The FEMA BCA tool is used to determine the cost-effectiveness of proposed mitigation projects for several FEMA mitigation grant programs.
Download the BCA toolkit 5.1 version here